Saturday, July 6, 2013

Montana Madness


We have spent the past week in Montana driving the blue highways and enjoying fishing the North Platte, Yellowstone, Mill Creek, Big Creek, and the Missouri.

It has been much fun and very frustrating at times. I have prided myself in being able to catch fish just about anywhere, but these huge rivers and creeks have knocked me down a few notches.

The time passes quickly each day we fish and my frustrations mount as I am baffled by the bugs and waters of this great state.

So ….. we are heading to Canada tomorrow for a couple of weeks to see if trout up der are more interested in our offerings. We will work our way up to Banff over the next three days to spend a week in the park fishing and exploring.

Ms. Charlotte is needing a spa day to get herself back into looking her best after hanging out with me for a month in a camper and fishing and hiking in 90+ degree temps.

I am considering not fishing for a few days to regroup and find my inner trout once again. Being skunked on two creeks and one river are not sitting well with the Capt.

We are adjusting to life on the road. It is not as easy as it looks or may seem, but it’s worth it to be able to stop and read all the “point of interest” signs along the way. When I was a kid we never ever gave a thought to stopping to get out of the station wagon to read a sign. That was just out of the question. So over the years when I took my family on trips, stopping to read a sign was out of the question. Like father like son. We were always just in too big of a hurry to take time out of our soooo important lives to do such a mundane thing and “lose time” on the trip.

But all that has changed now. We are taking a much slower pace and it’s getting slower every couple of days. We love the area around Craig Montana that we decided to stay an extra day fishing and messing around. When I went into the office to pay, the guy asked,
“Were you one of the people playing guitar last night?” when I said yes, he handed back the credit card and said the stay tonight was on him for helping keep up the spirit of the park. What a great bunch of people.

So the Missouri Valley here in Northern Montana is in the running to become our new part-time home after we finish noodling around this part of the world for a couple more months.

We are getting very sketchy cell service up here and Wi-Fi is a gift. We will add pics when we get closer to a bigger town.

Andiamo!!

Capt Coy, Ms. Charlotte and JoJo











No comments:

Post a Comment