Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Attacking the Leaking Pooper

It's not everyday that one gets the opportunity to play with raw sewage. It's not everyday that one gets to crawl under a camper where this raw product has been leaking onto the concrete and put one's hands and fingers around slimy, nasty, poo-filled areas. This is just not something we get to do everyday.

However, today is my day to do such an activity. As soon as I finish typing I will be putting on my chemical warfare suit, aka a pair of shorts and a tee shirt, and crawling under Andiamo with a grinder and drill to remove all the "residue" around a crack in our sewage line.

Sure I could pay someone else to do this, but I would be depriving myself of this experience. And as you all know, I am all about the experiences life offers us. This is just not one that would have volunteered for unprovoked.

Ms Charlotte will be providing moral support and tequila if needed for this activity.

I have tried many different ways to fix this type of problem in the past with little success. On other campers I have used JB Weld, Epoxy, Steel Putty, Epoxy Putty, Liquid Nails, Elmer's Glue, Gorilla Glue,  and chewing gum. Nothing works.

My buddy and sometimes cohort in "projects", Doug "the master RV mechanic" Pollock has sworn that the only thing that works on black plastic is this stuff called Plasti-mend. It's sounds like something out of a children's book, but Doug says it works. But first you have to grind away all  the other stuff that didn't work including poo residue build up around the aforementioned crack.

I find it rather humorous that my sewage problem is referred to as a "crack". Just sayin'. Anyway, back to the story.

Since it was 156 degrees here in Denver yesterday, I have decided to spend the early morning hours today under the camper on by back before the concrete becomes so hot you could fry some bacon on it.

More to follow after my first attempt at "preparing the crack for repair". I think I would rather be going in for hemorrhoid surgery to fix my own crack than what I am about to attempt.

Stay tuned for more fun and games (and pictures) from the road...

Andiamo!
Captain Poo Bear and Ms Charlotte










No comments:

Post a Comment